Yankees vs Red Sox Prediction

In our Yankees vs Red Sox prediction, our MLB betting model gives the New York Yankees a 53.29% chance of winning, while the Boston Red Sox have a 46.71% probability. With Luis Gil starting for the Yankees and Cooper Criswell for the Red Sox, our model sees value in betting on the Red Sox at 125 odds.


Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

The Yankees vs Red Sox prediction for Friday, June 14, 2024, is highly anticipated as these two historic rivals clash once again at Fenway Park. With Luis Gil on the mound for the Yankees and Cooper Criswell pitching for the Red Sox, this game promises to deliver intense competition and excitement. Our comprehensive analysis will provide insights into the key factors that could influence the outcome, including pitching matchups, bullpen strength, and offensive capabilities. Stay tuned as we dive deep into the Yankees vs Red Sox prediction and offer our expert betting advice.

Teams and Odds:

  • New York Yankees: Decimal odds – 1.61, US odds – -164
  • Boston Red Sox: Decimal odds – 2.25, US odds – 125
MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Starting Pitchers Breakdown

Luis Gil (New York Yankees)

Luis Gil, the right-handed pitcher for the Yankees, enters this game with an impressive ERA of 2.04. His advanced stats further solidify his dominance on the mound:

  • SIERA: 3.61
  • xFIP: 3.64
  • K/9: 10.8
  • BB/9: 4.2
  • WHIP: 0.93
  • GB/FB: 0.81
  • xERA: 2.64

Luis Gil has demonstrated excellent control and strikeout ability, making him a formidable opponent for any lineup.

Cooper Criswell (Boston Red Sox)

On the other side, Cooper Criswell, also a right-handed pitcher, presents a solid, albeit less stellar, ERA of 4.14. His advanced stats are as follows:

  • SIERA: 3.55
  • xFIP: 3.6
  • K/9: 8.47
  • BB/9: 1.97
  • WHIP: 1.18
  • GB/FB: 1.33

Criswell’s lower strikeout rate and higher WHIP suggest he might face challenges against the potent Yankees lineup.

Bullpen Matchup Analysis

Bullpen performance can significantly influence the outcome of a game, especially in tight matchups like the Yankees vs Red Sox.

  • New York Yankees: Ranked 18th
  • Boston Red Sox: Ranked 13th

The Red Sox bullpen holds a slight edge over the Yankees, which could play a critical role in the later innings.

Offensive (Hitting) Matchup

New York Yankees

  • Overall Rank: 2
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 11
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 2

The Yankees boast a powerful offense, particularly effective against right-handed pitchers like Criswell.

Boston Red Sox

  • Overall Rank: 8
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 15
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 6

While the Red Sox have a strong lineup, they have shown some vulnerability against right-handed pitchers, which could be exploited by Luis Gil.

Yankees vs Red Sox Prediction

MLB Betting Model Probability

Using our baseball betting model, we have calculated the following probabilities for the Yankees vs Red Sox prediction:

  • New York Yankees (Luis Gil): 53.29% probability, US odds – -114, Decimal odds – 1.88
  • Boston Red Sox (Cooper Criswell): 46.71% probability, US odds – 114, Decimal odds – 2.14

Recommended MLB Pick

Based on our MLB betting model analysis, we see a tiny value on the Boston Red Sox for this game.

  • Pick: Boston Red Sox
  • Pitcher: Cooper Criswell
  • Odds: 125
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated Value: 0.41
  • Confidence: Tiny value

Despite the Yankees’ strong lineup and starting pitcher, the value lies with the Red Sox in this particular matchup, making them our recommended pick.

Conclusion: Yankees vs Red Sox Prediction

In our Yankees vs Red Sox prediction, we advise using this analysis to guide your betting decisions. Always shop for the best MLB baseball betting odds and take advantage of promotions during the baseball betting season. Never blindly follow anyone’s sports picks; instead, use analytical models to make informed decisions. For those looking to bet like a pro, consider exploring our sports betting courses.

Remember, the key to successful sports betting is thorough research and strategic wagering. Happy betting!

For final best MLB bets and first-half picks, please check our “MLB Picks” page or get our MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets to learn how to calculate odds and make your own baseball betting projections.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.