Yankees vs Angels Prediction

The Yankees vs Angels Prediction for May 30, 2024, sees a close matchup. Our MLB betting model gives the Yankees a 50.15% win probability and the Angels 49.84%. With the Angels’ strong performance against left-handed pitchers, betting on the Angels offers good value at +160 odds.


As baseball fans eagerly anticipate the clash between the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Angels, betting enthusiasts are equally excited to make their predictions. The Yankees vs Angels Prediction for this matchup centers on the showdown between starting pitchers Carlos Rodon and Patrick Sandoval. With both teams striving for a victory, let’s dive into the game details, analyze the pitching matchup, and evaluate the odds to make an informed betting prediction.

Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

  • Date: Thursday, May 30, 2024
  • Location: Angel Stadium
  • Away Team: New York Yankees
  • Home Team: Los Angeles Angels

Odds:

  • New York Yankees: 1.57 (Decimal), -175 (US)
  • Los Angeles Angels: 2.60 (Decimal), 160 (US)

Note: Odds can change, so always check the best MLB odds on different sportsbooks.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Starting Pitchers Breakdown

Carlos Rodon (New York Yankees)

  • Hand: Left-Handed
  • ERA: 2.95

Advanced Stats:

  • SIERA: 4.11
  • xFIP: 4.52
  • K/9: 8.41
  • BB/9: 2.8
  • WHIP: 1.18
  • GB/FB: 0.64
  • xERA: 4.5

Patrick Sandoval (Los Angeles Angels)

  • Hand: Left-Handed
  • ERA: 5.6

Advanced Stats:

  • SIERA: 4.02
  • xFIP: 3.89
  • K/9: 9.38
  • BB/9: 3.95
  • WHIP: 1.55
  • GB/FB: 1.36
  • xERA: 4.01

Pitching Matchup Analysis

Carlos Rodon enters the game with a solid 2.95 ERA, showcasing his ability to limit runs effectively. His SIERA (4.11) and xFIP (4.52) indicate that he has been slightly fortunate, but his WHIP of 1.18 and K/9 rate of 8.41 demonstrate his command and strikeout ability. Rodon’s lower BB/9 of 2.8 also highlights his control on the mound.

On the other hand, Patrick Sandoval’s ERA of 5.6 suggests he has struggled this season. However, his advanced stats tell a more nuanced story. Sandoval’s SIERA (4.02) and xFIP (3.89) are much better than his ERA, indicating potential for improvement. His K/9 rate of 9.38 is impressive, though his BB/9 of 3.95 and WHIP of 1.55 show a tendency to allow baserunners.

Bullpen Matchup

  • New York Yankees Bullpen Rank: 17
  • Los Angeles Angels Bullpen Rank: 24

The Yankees’ bullpen ranks higher than the Angels’, which could be a crucial factor late in the game. A stronger bullpen often translates to better odds of maintaining leads or closing out close games.

Offensive Matchup

New York Yankees

  • Overall Rank: 2
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 13
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 1

Los Angeles Angels

  • Overall Rank: 11
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 1
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 16

The Yankees boast one of the top offenses in the league, particularly excelling against right-handed pitchers. However, they rank 13th against left-handers, which could be a factor against Sandoval. The Angels, meanwhile, are the top-ranked team against left-handed pitchers, which bodes well for their matchup against Rodon.

Yankees vs Angels Prediction

Betting Model Probability and Analysis

Probability and Projected Odds

  • New York Yankees (Carlos Rodon):
  • Probability: 50.15%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: -101
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 1.99
  • Los Angeles Angels (Patrick Sandoval):
  • Probability: 49.84%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: 101
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 2.01

Recommended MLB Pick

Based on our MLB Betting Model Analysis, the recommended pick is:

  • Side: Los Angeles Angels
  • Pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
  • Odds: 160
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated Value: 1.85
  • Confidence: Good value

Despite the disparity in ERA, the advanced stats suggest Sandoval could have a better performance than his surface numbers indicate. Coupled with the Angels’ offensive strength against left-handers, betting on the Angels provides good value at these odds.

Conclusion: Yankees vs Angels Prediction

Our Yankees vs Angels Prediction suggests that while the Yankees are favorites, the Angels present a strong value bet due to their offensive prowess against left-handed pitching and Sandoval’s potential for a solid outing. Remember to use this analysis as a guide and always shop for the best MLB Baseball Betting Odds. To bet like a pro, consider exploring our sports betting courses and learn how to create your own analytical betting models.

For final best MLB bets and first half picks, please check our “MLB Picks” page or get our MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets to make your own projections.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.