Home
Free Betting Resources
Betting Articles
Yankees vs Mets Prediction: An Intriguing MLB Picks & Predictions

New York’s own titans of the baseball world, the Yankees and the Mets, will clash on June 14, 2023, in a city rivalry that promises fireworks. With a 7:10 PM GMT-4 start time, the stage at Citi Field in Flushing, NY, is set for an epic encounter that will captivate fans of both sides. But the question on everyone’s mind is, “Who will triumph?” Enter our “Yankees vs Mets prediction,” where we delve into the intricacies of MLB picks, MLB odds, and MLB predictions, offering valuable betting tips and bet predictions to help you make the most informed decisions.

Starting pitchers Gerrit Cole for the Yankees and Justin Verlander for the Mets are both seasoned professionals, bringing their unique skills and strategies to the field. Their performance will undeniably influence the game’s outcome, adding an extra layer of excitement and tension to this intriguing matchup.

The current betting odds show a close contest on the horizon. The Yankees come in with US odds of -103 and decimal odds of 1.97, while the Mets are slightly favored with US odds of -105 and decimal odds of 1.95. It’s a neck-to-neck race, hinting at an engaging and tightly contested game.

For US players looking to place their bets, Bovada, Mybokie, and Betnow are recommended platforms. If you’re interested in understanding how to maximize your returns and win Bovada Bonus, don’t miss out on our exclusive article here.

Stay tuned for an in-depth analysis of team statistics, players’ performances, pitchers’ profiles, our unique MLB betting model prediction, and, of course, our AI betting prediction. Our comprehensive “Yankees vs Mets prediction” promises to deliver baseball betting insights like no other, so keep reading.

Team Statistics: A Comparative Analysis

In this section, we dig deeper into each team’s performance so far this season. By comparing the key stats of the Yankees and the Mets, we’ll provide a more holistic picture of the upcoming match.

New York Yankees: The Home Run Heavyweights

In their 68 games, the Yankees have shown promise, particularly when it comes to knocking it out of the park. Their tally of 104 home runs places them at the impressive 4th rank, outstripping the league average of 77.1. Furthermore, they’ve racked up a decent total of 302 RBIs, granting them the 11th spot in the league.

However, despite these power displays, the Yankees fall short in terms of average runs per game (R/G), with 4.57 placing them at 12th, just above the league average. Their stolen bases (SB) count is relatively low, ranking 18th with 44 steals, marginally below the league average.

In terms of batting averages (BA), the Yankees are facing challenges, their .233 average ranks them 23rd in the league, noticeably below the average. This story continues with the on-base percentage (OBP) as well, with their .301 OBP ranking a lowly 27th. The slugging percentage (SLG) and on-base plus slugging (OPS) are also not up to par, ranked 13th and 16th respectively.

New York Mets: Mid-table Consistency

The Mets, with 67 games under their belt, have turned in a mixed performance. Their R/G of 4.42 puts them at the 18th spot, just below the league average. Interestingly, the Mets are making a mark with their home runs. Their 80 HRs rank them at 10th, slightly above the league average.

Their RBI count stands at 286, putting them in the middle of the pack at the 16th spot. In terms of SB, the Mets, with 49, are slightly more efficient than the Yankees, landing them at 11th rank.

When we look at the Mets’ BA, they hold the 21st rank with .240, underperforming compared to the league average. Their OBP of .320 is more favorable, granting them the 17th spot. However, the Mets’ SLG and OPS are lower, ranking 19th and 20th, respectively.

Players Breakdown: Powerhouses and Absentees

In this segment, we’ll examine each team’s potential lineup for the match. By highlighting standout players and their statistics, we hope to provide you with a clearer idea for our upcoming Yankees vs Mets prediction.

New York Yankees’ Lineup

For the Yankees, a significant portion of the offensive prowess comes from Gleyber Torres, Anthony Rizzo, and Willie Calhoun. Torres, with a batting average (BA) of .253 and 11 home runs (HR), is one of the team’s heavy hitters. Anthony Rizzo’s contribution is also notable with 11 HR and a .269 BA. Calhoun, with a BA of .240, adds his strength to the lineup.

However, the lineup shows some weaknesses. The performance of Jake Bauers and Josh Donaldson can improve, as both players maintain a BA of .220 and .143, respectively. Their contributions in terms of HR, runs batted in (RBI), and slugging percentage (SLG) have been valuable, but there is room for improvement.

It’s important to mention that Aaron Judge, one of the Yankees’ star players, will be missing this game. His absence might have an impact on the Yankees’ performance.

New York Mets’ Lineup

The Mets lineup is led by Francisco Alvarez, Francisco Lindor, and Brandon Nimmo. Alvarez stands out with 12 HR and a .243 BA, providing a significant boost to the Mets’ offense. Lindor, despite a lower BA of .216, has managed to hit 12 HR, and his 43 RBI are commendable. Nimmo, with a .282 BA and 5 HR, brings balance to the team’s batting line.

The lineup is further strengthened by Jeff McNeil and Starling Marte. McNeil holds a .274 BA and has hit 3 HR, whereas Marte has stolen 18 bases, the highest in the team.

Omar Narvaez seems to be struggling with a .240 BA and hasn’t hit a home run yet. He, along with Brett Baty and Tommy Pham, will be looking to up their game.

Below, we will dive into the pitchers’ analysis and make comparisons between bullpens before diving into our MLB betting model prediction. Stay tuned for our detailed Yankees vs Mets prediction.

Starting Pitchers and Bullpen Rankings

The starting pitchers for this matchup will play a crucial role in determining the outcome. In the case of the Yankees vs Mets prediction, let’s dig a little deeper into their profiles.

Gerrit Cole – New York Yankees

The Yankees will start with right-hander Gerrit Cole. With a win-loss record of 7-1 from 14 games, he’s been a reliable choice for the Yankees. His earned run average (ERA) stands at 2.84, displaying his effectiveness at preventing runs. Cole also exhibits a commendable strikeouts-per-nine (K/9) rate of 9.46 and walks-per-nine (BB/9) rate of 3.05. His WHIP is 1.14, and his SIERA (Skill Interactive ERA) is 3.95, signaling his proficiency at maintaining low bases on balls, hits per inning, and runs allowed.

Justin Verlander – New York Mets

On the Mets side, we have Justin Verlander. Verlander’s win-loss record is 2-3 from 7 games, with an ERA of 4.85. His K/9 rate is 7.62, and his BB/9 rate is 3.0, indicating decent strikeout and walk rates. His WHIP is higher than Cole’s at 1.33, and his SIERA is 4.59, which means he’s given up more bases on balls and hits per inning compared to Cole.

Looking at the bullpens, the Mets have the upper hand with a ranking of 8 out of 30 teams, whereas the Yankees’ bullpen ranks at 22.

MLB Betting Model Prediction

According to my MLB betting model prediction, the New York Mets have a projected win percentage of 59.89%, with projected decimal odds of 1.67, and the New York Yankees have a projected win percentage of 40.11% with projected decimal odds of 2.49. The projected Over/Under for total runs for the full game is 7.82.

My MLB betting model indicates that the full game moneyline value is on the New York Mets. However, for the first half betting, there’s no qualified bet according to my analysis.

Best MLB Bets for tonight and MLB pick:

NY Mets -104

Artificial Intelligence Betting Prediction

Upon considering all the given data, including both teams’ bullpens, the quality of starting pitchers, lineup performance, and the betting odds, the AI betting prediction leans toward the New York Mets.

Gerrit Cole’s performance for the Yankees is solid, but the Mets’ superior bullpen and Justin Verlander’s resilience on the mound provide an edge. While the absence of Aaron Judge might impact the Yankees’ offensive ability, the Mets have been more consistent overall.

However, the current sportsbook odds offer an attractive value for the Yankees.

Stay tuned for more insights and baseball betting tips as we bring you in-depth and data-driven predictions for the MLB season.

Looking to enhance your baseball betting skills?

Check out this and become the best sports bettor You can be:

Get notified when a new article is out

No spam. Betting value only.