Wild vs Penguins Prediction: Monday, December 18, 2023

As the NHL season progresses, the Wild vs Penguins prediction has become a topic of considerable interest among hockey enthusiasts and bettors. With the Minnesota Wild and the Pittsburgh Penguins both displaying an evenly matched record of 12-12 and 13-13 respectively, this Wild vs Penguins prediction is set against the backdrop of two teams seeking to gain an upper hand in their season standings. The closely matched nature of their records adds an extra layer of excitement to the Wild vs Penguins prediction.

%ALT_TXT%%

Betting Odds Analysis

The sportsbook odds reflect the tight nature of this matchup. The Wild are slightly placed as underdogs with EU odds of 2.07 and American odds of +107. The Penguins, marginally favored, have odds of 1.85 (EU) and -118 (American). A total goal line of 6.5 hints at expectations for a game with potential offensive flair.

Offensive and Defensive Showdown

For a thorough Wild vs Penguins prediction, a look at both teams’ offensive and defensive statistics is crucial. The Wild are averaging 2.88 goals on 29.73 shots per 60 minutes, indicating a solid offensive output. The Penguins are slightly behind in terms of goals, scoring 2.8 per 60 minutes, but they generate more shots, averaging 32.7.

Defensively, the Wild allow 3.12 goals against on 29.8 shots per 60 minutes, while the Penguins have a tighter defense, conceding 2.66 goals on an average of 30.62 shots per 60 minutes. This suggests the Penguins may have a slight edge in defensive prowess in this Wild vs Penguins prediction.

Advanced Metrics Insight

In any Wild vs Penguins prediction, advanced metrics like Corsi For percentage (CF%) and Fenwick For percentage (FF%) offer deeper insights. The Wild hold a CF% of 50.83 and an FF% of 50.92, indicating reasonable control over the game’s flow. However, the Penguins edge them out slightly with a CF% of 51.99 and an FF% of 50.83, suggesting better puck possession and shot generation.

Goaltending Matchup

The goaltenders could be the decisive factor in the Wild vs Penguins prediction. The Wild’s Filip Gustavsson boasts a 0.924 save percentage with an expected 2.25 goals against. In contrast, the Penguins’ Tristan Jarry has a 0.911 save percentage with a slightly higher expected goals against of 2.76. Their performances could very well dictate the outcome of the game.

NHL Betting Model Predictions

The NHL betting model gives the Penguins a win probability of 57.25%, with projected odds of 1.75 (EU) and -134 (American). The Wild, conversely, have a projected win probability of 42.75%, with odds of 2.34 (EU) and +134 (American). However, the game does not qualify for a strong betting recommendation based on certain criteria.

Recommended NHL Pick

While the model doesn’t strongly recommend a pick, the best bet in this game appears to be on the Pittsburgh Penguins’ moneyline. This is based on the small value identified with the Penguins, considering their slightly better defensive stats and puck control metrics.

Final Thoughts

In conclusion, this Wild vs Penguins prediction points to what could be a closely contested game. Bettors should consider the odds, the teams’ current forms, and especially the goaltending matchup when making their decisions. It’s always advisable to look around for the best odds and utilize any promotions during the NHL betting season. For those looking to refine their betting strategies, exploring analytical sports betting models and educational resources can offer valuable insights for more informed betting decisions.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.