White Sox vs Blue Jays Prediction

For the White Sox vs Blue Jays prediction on May 20, 2024, our MLB betting model gives the Chicago White Sox a 44.92% win probability and the Toronto Blue Jays a 55.08% win probability. Bet on the White Sox with solid value at +155 odds. Check our MLB picks page for detailed analysis.


Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

White Sox vs Blue Jays Prediction: As we gear up for an exciting MLB matchup on Monday, May 20, 2024, the Chicago White Sox will face off against the Toronto Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. This game is set to be a thrilling encounter with starting pitchers Erick Fedde for the White Sox and Jose Berrios for the Blue Jays.

Here are the current odds for the game:

  • Chicago White Sox: 2.55 (Decimal Odds) / +155 (US Odds)
  • Toronto Blue Jays: 1.50 (Decimal Odds) / -200 (US Odds)

Note: Odds can change. Always check various sportsbooks for the best MLB odds.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Starting Pitchers Breakdown

Erick Fedde (Chicago White Sox)

Erick Fedde, a right-handed pitcher for the White Sox, has been performing well this season with an ERA of 2.6. When we dive deeper into his advanced stats, we see:

  • SIERA: 3.61
  • xFIP: 3.6
  • K/9: 8.65
  • BB/9: 2.42
  • WHIP: 1.06
  • GB/FB: 1.24
  • xERA: 3.44

Fedde has shown solid control and strikeout ability, making him a formidable opponent on the mound.

Jose Berrios (Toronto Blue Jays)

Jose Berrios, also a right-handed pitcher, will start for the Blue Jays with an ERA of 2.82. His advanced metrics include:

  • SIERA: 4.18
  • xFIP: 4.25
  • K/9: 6.96
  • BB/9: 2.65
  • WHIP: 1.05
  • GB/FB: 1.21
  • xERA: 4.6

Berrios has been slightly less consistent compared to Fedde, with a lower strikeout rate and higher expected ERA.

Bullpen Matchup Analysis

When comparing the bullpens, the rankings provide a crucial insight into the potential outcomes:

  • Chicago White Sox: Ranked 28th
  • Toronto Blue Jays: Ranked 26th

Both teams have struggled with their bullpens this season, which could lead to a high-scoring game if the starters don’t go deep into the game.

Offensive (Hitting) Matchup

Chicago White Sox

  • Overall Rank: 30
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 30
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 28

The White Sox have had a tough season offensively, ranking at the bottom of the league in overall hitting performance.

Toronto Blue Jays

  • Overall Rank: 22
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 18
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 24

The Blue Jays have performed better than the White Sox but still struggle, particularly against right-handed pitching.

White Sox vs Blue Jays Prediction

Betting Model Probability and Analysis

Our MLB betting model gives us the following probabilities for this game:

  • Chicago White Sox (Erick Fedde): 44.92% probability, projected US odds +123, projected decimal odds 2.23
  • Toronto Blue Jays (Jose Berrios): 55.08% probability, projected US odds -123, projected decimal odds 1.82

Based on our analysis, there is solid value in betting on the White Sox with Erick Fedde on the mound at odds of +155.

Recommended MLB PICK

Based on our MLB betting model analysis:

  • Side: Chicago White Sox
  • Pitcher: Erick Fedde
  • Odds: +155
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated value: 0.94
  • Confidence: Solid value

Conclusion: White Sox vs Blue Jays Prediction

Use this White Sox vs Blue Jays prediction as a guide, but remember to always shop around for the best MLB betting odds and take advantage of promotions during the season. For more detailed MLB picks and to learn how to make your own betting projections, visit our “MLB Picks” page or check out our sports betting courses.

Bet smart, and may your wagers be successful!

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.