Tigers vs Yankees Prediction

Our MLB betting model gives the New York Yankees a 63.61% chance of winning against the Detroit Tigers, with projected odds of -175. For the Tigers, the model assigns a 36.38% probability with +175 odds. Check the latest for a smart “Tigers vs Yankees prediction” before placing your bets.


Introduction

On Saturday, May 4, 2024, an exciting MLB showdown is set to take place at Yankee Stadium as the Detroit Tigers face off against the New York Yankees. This “Tigers vs Yankees prediction” will delve into various aspects of the game, including pitching matchups, team offenses, and the betting odds, providing an informed viewpoint to help you understand where the value might lie in this encounter.

Game Information and Initial Betting Odds

Date: May 4, 2024
Location: Yankee Stadium, New York
Away Team: Detroit Tigers
Home Team: New York Yankees
Starting Pitchers: Casey Mize vs Clarke Schmidt
Betting Odds: Tigers at +140, Yankees at -169

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Pitching Matchup Analysis

Casey Mize (Detroit Tigers)

  • ERA: 3.08
  • SIERA: 4.19
  • xFIP: 4.10
  • K/9: 6.15
  • BB/9: 2.05
  • WHIP: 1.22
  • GB/FB Ratio: 1.52
  • xERA: 3.54

Clarke Schmidt (New York Yankees)

  • ERA: 3.19
  • SIERA: 3.77
  • xFIP: 3.78
  • K/9: 9.87
  • BB/9: 3.77
  • WHIP: 1.39
  • GB/FB Ratio: 1.00
  • xERA: 4.66

Bullpen and Offensive Matchups

Bullpen Rankings:

  • Detroit Tigers: 19th
  • New York Yankees: 21st

Offensive Comparison:

  • Detroit Tigers Overall Rank: 25th
  • Against Left-Handed Pitchers: 14th
  • Against Right-Handed Pitchers: 25th
  • New York Yankees Overall Rank: 7th
  • Against Left-Handed Pitchers: 15th
  • Against Right-Handed Pitchers: 6th
Tigers vs Yankees Prediction

MLB Betting Model Analysis

Our MLB betting model assesses the probability of outcomes based on numerous factors and provides projected odds:

  • Detroit Tigers (Casey Mize): 36.38% probability, +175 projected US odds, 2.75 projected decimal odds
  • New York Yankees (Clarke Schmidt): 63.61% probability, -175 projected US odds, 1.57 projected decimal odds

Recommended MLB Pick

Pick: New York Yankees Moneyline (-169)
Pitcher: Clarke Schmidt
Confidence Level: Tiny value (Adjusted Kelly Criterion: 0.19)

Conclusion: Tigers vs Yankees Prediction

While making a “Tigers vs Yankees prediction,” it’s crucial to use such detailed analyses as a guide and not solely rely on them. Always ensure to shop around for the best MLB odds, taking advantage of any available promotions or bonuses. For those looking to deepen their understanding of baseball betting, consider exploring sports betting models and courses to make more informed decisions. This approach not only refines your betting strategies but also enhances your overall sports betting acumen.


For final thoughts and daily MLB picks, don’t forget to visit the “MLB Picks” page or access our MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets. Here, you can learn how to make your own baseball betting projections and potentially increase your chances of success. Happy betting and enjoy the game!

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.