Rockies vs Pirates Prediction

Explore our Rockies vs Pirates prediction for the MLB game on May 5, 2024. Our betting model gives the Rockies a 43.70% chance of victory with projected odds of +129, while the Pirates stand at 56.30% with odds of -129. Dive into our analysis for smart betting insights.


Introduction

In the upcoming MLB game scheduled for May 5, 2024, at PNC Park, we see a promising contest between the Colorado Rockies and the Pittsburgh Pirates. This Rockies vs Pirates prediction will delve into various aspects of the game, including the pitching duel between Ryan Feltner and Bailey Falter, team performances, and the most recent sportsbook odds.

Game Information and Odds

Date: Sunday, May 5, 2024
Location: PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA
Odds: Colorado Rockies +130, Pittsburgh Pirates -159

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Pitching Matchup Analysis

Ryan Feltner (Colorado Rockies)

  • Hand: Right
  • ERA: 5.13
  • Advanced Stats:
  • SIERA: 3.72
  • xFIP: 3.81
  • K/9: 8.91
  • BB/9: 2.7
  • WHIP: 1.47
  • GB/FB Ratio: 1.18
  • xERA: 3.13

Bailey Falter (Pittsburgh Pirates)

  • Hand: Left
  • ERA: 4.22
  • Advanced Stats:
  • SIERA: 4.33
  • xFIP: 4.34
  • K/9: 6.47
  • BB/9: 1.97
  • WHIP: 0.94
  • GB/FB Ratio: 0.7
  • xERA: 4.41

Bullpen and Offensive Matchup

Bullpen Quality:

  • Colorado Rockies: Ranked 30th
  • Pittsburgh Pirates: Ranked 13th

Offensive Matchup:

  • Colorado Rockies: Overall 27th, 20th against LHP, 26th against RHP
  • Pittsburgh Pirates: Overall 26th, 11th against LHP, 29th against RHP
Rockies vs Pirates Prediction

MLB Betting Model Analysis

Based on the current model and game dynamics, here are the probabilities and betting insights:

  • Colorado Rockies: 43.70% probability, Model Projected Odds +129
  • Pittsburgh Pirates: 56.30% probability, Model Projected Odds -129

Recommended MLB Pick

  • Pick: Colorado Rockies (Moneyline)
  • Odds: +130
  • Kelly Criterion Value: 0.04 (Tiny Value)
  • Confidence: Low

Conclusion: Rockies vs Pirates Prediction

While the Rockies show a slight disadvantage in bullpen and overall team performance, the matchup between Ryan Feltner and Bailey Falter reveals closer competencies than the ERA alone might suggest. With Feltner’s superior strikeout capabilities and better xERA, there’s a window for value in betting on the Rockies, especially at +130 odds. However, always ensure to check the latest odds and consider a strategic approach to sports betting. Use this Rockies vs Pirates prediction as a guide, but remember to make informed decisions and shop for the best lines and odds available.

Further Insights and Betting Tools

For more detailed betting strategies and custom projections, consider accessing our MLB betting model available through Google Sheets, or explore our sports betting courses to refine your betting techniques.


Always remember, the essence of sports betting lies in informed and calculated risks. Good luck, and enjoy the game!

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.