Red Sox vs Yankees Prediction July 6

Our MLB betting model predicts a tight game between the Red Sox and Yankees. With a 42.34% probability for the Red Sox (+145) and 57.65% for the Yankees (-169), the model suggests a tiny value in betting on the Red Sox. Check our full analysis for detailed insights!


Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

As the Boston Red Sox face off against the New York Yankees on Saturday, July 6, 2024, fans and bettors alike are eager to see how this classic rivalry will unfold. Our Red Sox vs Yankees prediction aims to provide an in-depth analysis to help you make informed betting decisions.

Decimal Odds

  • Away Team: Boston Red Sox: 2.45
  • Home Team: New York Yankees: 1.59

US Odds

  • Boston Red Sox: +145
  • New York Yankees: -169

Ballpark

  • Yankee Stadium

Please note that odds can change. Always check the best MLB odds on different sportsbooks before placing your bets.

Starting Pitchers

Boston Red Sox: Josh Winckowski

  • Hand: Right Handed Pitcher
  • ERA: 1.15

New York Yankees: Gerrit Cole

  • Hand: Right Handed Pitcher
  • ERA: 6.23
MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Advanced MLB Stats Comparison

When comparing the advanced stats of Josh Winckowski and Gerrit Cole, we can see distinct differences in their performance metrics. Winckowski’s stats suggest a stronger command and effectiveness on the mound compared to Cole.

  • SIERA: Winckowski (5.05) vs Cole (5.01)
  • xFIP: Winckowski (4.65) vs Cole (5.65)
  • K/9: Winckowski (1.72) vs Cole (7.62)
  • BB/9: Winckowski (1.15) vs Cole (4.15)
  • WHIP: Winckowski (0.89) vs Cole (1.46)
  • GB/FB: Winckowski (2.25) vs Cole (0.57)
  • xERA: Winckowski vs Cole (6.32)

Bullpen Matchup Analysis

The bullpen performance is crucial in deciding the outcome of games, especially in tightly contested matchups like this one. Here’s how both teams’ bullpens rank:

  • Boston Red Sox Bullpen: Ranked 10th
  • New York Yankees Bullpen: Ranked 12th

Offensive (Hitting) Matchup

Offensively, both teams have shown strong performance, with the Yankees having a slight edge overall and particularly against right-handed pitchers.

  • Boston Red Sox Overall Rank: 8
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 12
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 6
  • New York Yankees Overall Rank: 2
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 9
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 1
Red Sox vs Yankees Prediction

MLB Betting Model Probability for Red Sox vs Yankees Prediction

Based on our baseball betting model, here’s the probability and projected odds for the game:

  • Boston Red Sox (Josh Winckowski): 42.34%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: +136
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 2.36
  • New York Yankees (Gerrit Cole): 57.65%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: -136
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 1.73

Recommended MLB Pick Based on Our Betting Model Analysis

Our analysis suggests a tiny value in betting on the Boston Red Sox for this matchup. While the Yankees are favored, the Red Sox, led by Josh Winckowski, present a worthwhile bet based on the odds provided.

  • Moneyline Value Pick: Boston Red Sox
  • Pitcher: Josh Winckowski
  • Odds: +145
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated Value: 0.26 (tiny value)
  • Confidence: Moderate

Note: For final best MLB bets and first half picks, please check the “MLB Picks” page or get our MLB betting model in Google Sheets. Learn how to calculate odds and make your own baseball betting projections.

Conclusion for Red Sox vs Yankees Prediction

Utilize this Red Sox vs Yankees prediction to guide your betting strategy for this thrilling matchup. Never blindly follow anyone’s sports picks; always shop for the best MLB baseball betting odds and take advantage of bonuses and promotions during the baseball betting season. If you want to learn how to bet like a pro and use sports betting models analytically, check out our sports betting courses.

By following this Red Sox vs Yankees prediction, you can enhance your betting strategy with data-driven insights. Remember, smart betting is about making informed decisions, not just following hunches. May your wagers be wise and your profits plentiful!

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.