Rangers vs Orioles Prediction

For the Rangers vs Orioles prediction, our MLB betting model gives the Baltimore Orioles a 60.19% chance of winning, with odds at -151, while the Texas Rangers have a 39.80% chance with odds at +151. Back the Orioles and pitcher Albert Suarez for a favorable betting opportunity.


Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

Welcome to our in-depth analysis of the Rangers vs Orioles prediction for the game on Friday, June 28, 2024. This exciting matchup features two talented pitchers, Max Scherzer for the Texas Rangers and Albert Suarez for the Baltimore Orioles. Our comprehensive guide will cover game info, sportsbook odds, and detailed breakdowns of both teams’ strengths and weaknesses. Dive into our expert analysis to make the most informed betting decisions for this highly anticipated MLB showdown.

Date: Friday, June 28, 2024
Ballpark: Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Away Team: Texas Rangers
Decimal Odds: 2.15
US Odds: +115

Home Team: Baltimore Orioles
Decimal Odds: 1.67
US Odds: -149

Please note that odds can change. Always check the best MLB odds on different sportsbooks to ensure you get the most value for your bets.

Starting Pitchers Overview

Texas Rangers: Max Scherzer

Max Scherzer, the ace right-handed pitcher for the Texas Rangers, is taking the mound with an impressive track record. With a current ERA of 0.00, Scherzer is expected to dominate the game. Advanced MLB stats show Scherzer with a SIERA of 3.34, an xFIP of 3.57, and a K/9 rate of 7.2. His control is impeccable, evidenced by his BB/9 rate of 0 and an outstanding WHIP of 0.2. Groundball to flyball ratio (GB/FB) sits at 0.57, and his xERA is 0.87, suggesting he has been quite effective at limiting hard contact.

Baltimore Orioles: Albert Suarez

Albert Suarez, the right-handed pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles, presents a different set of stats with a current ERA of 3.12. Suarez’s advanced stats include a SIERA of 4.73 and an xFIP of 4.66. He has a K/9 rate of 7.68 and a BB/9 rate of 3.95, indicating a higher propensity to allow walks compared to Scherzer. His WHIP stands at 1.48, and he has a GB/FB ratio of 0.79. These stats suggest Suarez has been more prone to allowing baserunners and potentially higher-scoring opportunities.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bullpen Matchup Analysis

Both the Texas Rangers and the Baltimore Orioles are tied in bullpen rankings at 19th. This equal ranking implies that neither team holds a significant bullpen advantage, making the performance of the starting pitchers even more critical to the outcome of the game.

Offensive Matchup Analysis

Texas Rangers

  • Overall Rank: 26
  • Rank vs. Left-Handed Pitchers: 17
  • Rank vs. Right-Handed Pitchers: 26

The Texas Rangers have struggled offensively, especially against right-handed pitchers like Albert Suarez. With a rank of 26 overall and the same rank against right-handed pitchers, the Rangers’ lineup will need to step up significantly to support Scherzer’s efforts on the mound.

Baltimore Orioles

  • Overall Rank: 1
  • Rank vs. Left-Handed Pitchers: 5
  • Rank vs. Right-Handed Pitchers: 2

The Baltimore Orioles boast a powerful offensive lineup, ranking first overall in the league. Their effectiveness against right-handed pitchers is notable, ranking second, which gives them a clear advantage against Scherzer. The Orioles’ ability to generate runs will be a key factor in this game.

Rangers vs Orioles Prediction

MLB Betting Model Probability for Rangers vs Orioles Prediction

Based on our MLB betting model, the Baltimore Orioles have a 60.19% probability of winning the game, with projected US odds of -151 and decimal odds of 1.66. On the other hand, the Texas Rangers have a 39.80% probability, with projected US odds of +151 and decimal odds of 2.51. These probabilities highlight the Orioles as the favorites to win.

Recommended MLB PICK Based on Our MLB Betting Model Analysis

Moneyline Value and Recommended Pick

  • Side: Baltimore Orioles
  • Pitcher: Albert Suarez
  • Odds: -149
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated Value: 0.08 (tiny value)
  • Confidence: Moderate

The recommended MLB pick based on our analysis is to back the Baltimore Orioles with Albert Suarez on the mound. Despite the modest value indicated by the Kelly Criterion, the Orioles’ strong offense and Suarez’s adequate performance present a favorable betting opportunity.

Conclusion for Rangers vs Orioles Prediction

Utilize this Rangers vs Orioles prediction to inform your betting decisions. Always shop for the best MLB baseball betting odds and take advantage of bonuses and promotions during the baseball betting season. If you aim to bet like a professional, leveraging analytical sports betting models, consider exploring our sports betting courses. Remember, it’s crucial to make informed decisions and never blindly follow anyone’s sports picks.

For final best MLB bets and first half picks, please check our “MLB Picks” page or get our MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets. Learn how to calculate odds and make your own baseball betting projections to enhance your betting strategy.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.