Pirates vs Cubs Prediction

For the Pirates vs Cubs Prediction, our MLB betting model gives the Chicago Cubs a 54.86% chance to win, with projected odds of -122 (1.82). The Pittsburgh Pirates have a 45.13% chance, with projected odds of 122 (2.22). Our recommended pick is the Cubs for solid value.


The Pirates vs Cubs Prediction for Friday, May 17, 2024, brings an exciting matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. With Paul Skenes pitching for the Pirates and Kyle Hendricks on the mound for the Cubs, our comprehensive analysis and MLB betting model provide key insights to inform your betting decisions.

Game Info & Sportsbook Odds

Away Team: Pittsburgh Pirates
Home Team: Chicago Cubs

TeamDecimal OddsUS Odds
Pittsburgh Pirates1.93-108
Chicago Cubs2.00100

Note: Odds can change. Always check the best MLB odds on different sportsbooks.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Starting Pitchers

Paul Skenes (Pittsburgh Pirates)

  • Hand: Right Handed Pitcher
  • ERA: 6.75

Kyle Hendricks (Chicago Cubs)

  • Hand: Right Handed Pitcher
  • ERA: 10.04

Pitchers Advanced MLB Stats

Paul Skenes

  • SIERA: 2.79
  • xFIP: 2.91
  • K/9: 15.75
  • BB/9: 4.5
  • WHIP: 2
  • GB/FB: 1.67
  • xERA: 7.81

Kyle Hendricks

  • SIERA: 4.56
  • xFIP: 4.45
  • K/9: 7.27
  • BB/9: 3.81
  • WHIP: 1.92
  • GB/FB: 1.48
  • xERA: 6.12
Pirates vs Cubs Prediction

Analysis of Bullpen Matchup

  • Pittsburgh Pirates: Ranked 15th
  • Chicago Cubs: Ranked 21st

Offensive Matchup

Pittsburgh Pirates

  • Overall Rank: 27
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 18
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 30

Chicago Cubs

  • Overall Rank: 11
  • Rank vs Left Handed Pitchers: 7
  • Rank vs Right Handed Pitchers: 12

MLB Betting Model Probability

Pirates vs Cubs Prediction

  • Pittsburgh Pirates (Paul Skenes): 45.13%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: 122
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 2.22
  • Chicago Cubs (Kyle Hendricks): 54.86%
  • MLB Model Projected US Odds: -122
  • MLB Model Projected Decimal Odds: 1.82

Recommended MLB Pick

Side: Chicago Cubs
Pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
Odds: 100
Adjusted Kelly Criterion Calculated Value: 0.97
Confidence: Solid Value

Note: For Final Best MLB Bets and First Half Picks, please check the “MLB Picks” page or get my MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets and learn how to calculate odds and make your own baseball betting projections.

Conclusion for Pirates vs Cubs Prediction

Use this Pirates vs Cubs Prediction to guide your betting decisions, but never blindly follow anyone’s sports picks. Always shop for the best MLB Baseball Betting Odds and take advantage of bonuses and promotions during the baseball betting season. If you want to learn how to bet like a pro, analytically with sports betting models, check out my sports betting courses.


By following this detailed analysis, you can gain a comprehensive understanding of the Pirates vs Cubs matchup and make informed betting decisions. Always remember to use the Pirates vs Cubs Prediction as a guide and continue to refine your betting strategies with the latest data and insights.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.