Our Islanders vs Canadiens prediction is derived from a detailed analysis of both teams’ offensive and defensive statistics, alongside insights from NHL betting models. The New York Islanders are set to battle the Montreal Canadiens in a highly-anticipated NHL face-off.

In the upcoming Islanders vs Canadiens matchup, our NHL betting model projects a tight contest. The Montreal Canadiens have a slight edge with a 51.13% win probability, while the New York Islanders are close behind at 48.87%. The model’s predicted odds stand at +105 for the Islanders and -105 for the Canadiens, with a projected total of 6.66 goals. This narrow margin suggests a competitive game ahead.

NHL Game Preview: New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens

Introduction

The New York Islanders are set to face the Montreal Canadiens in what promises to be an intriguing NHL matchup on Thursday, January 25, 2024.

Game Details: NYI at MTL

Venue and Time

  • Date: Thursday, January 25, 2024
  • Location: Bell Centre, Montreal
  • Game Time: 7:00 PM ET

Team Overviews

New York Islanders

  • Record: 20-16-11 (51 points)
  • Position: 10th in Eastern, 5th in Metropolitan
  • Goals Per Game: 2.91 (23rd in NHL)
  • Goals Against Per Game: 3.32 (23rd in NHL)
  • Power Play Percentage: 22.2% (13th in NHL)
  • Penalty Kill Percentage: 73.4% (30th in NHL)
  • Top Scorer: Bo Horvat (43 points)

Montreal Canadiens

  • Record: 19-21-7 (45 points)
  • Position: 14th in Eastern, 7th in Atlantic
  • Goals Per Game: 2.68 (28th in NHL)
  • Goals Against Per Game: 3.51 (27th in NHL)
  • Power Play Percentage: 18.7% (20th in NHL)
  • Penalty Kill Percentage: 73.8% (28th in NHL)
  • Top Scorer: Nick Suzuki (39 points)

Sportsbooks Odds and Predictions

%ALT_TXT%%

Betting Odds

  • Favorite: New York Islanders (-150)
  • Underdog: Montreal Canadiens (+125)
  • Total Over/Under: 6 Goals

Game Preview and Final Islanders vs Canadiens Prediction

The New York Islanders enter this game as favorites, according to sportsbooks, with a -150 moneyline, while the Montreal Canadiens are +125 underdogs despite playing at home. The total over/under is set at 6 goals, reflecting the expectations of a moderately scoring game. The Islanders have shown better form in their recent games compared to the Canadiens, which could play a significant role in this matchup.

This game between the Islanders and Canadiens is shaping up to be an interesting battle, with both teams looking to improve their standings. While the Islanders are the favorites, the Canadiens will be looking to leverage their home advantage and cause an upset. Fans can expect a competitive game with both teams eager to secure a win.

Offensive Matchup

  • New York Islanders Offense:
    • Goals For per 60 mins (GF/60): 2.87
    • Shots For per 60 mins (SF/60): 29.35
  • Montreal Canadiens Offense:
    • Goals For per 60 mins (GF/60): 2.62
    • Shots For per 60 mins (SF/60): 27.56

Defensive Matchup

  • New York Islanders Defense:
    • Goals Against per 60 mins (GA/60): 3.27
    • Shots Against per 60 mins (SA/60): 34.55
  • Montreal Canadiens Defense:
    • Goals Against per 60 mins (GA/60): 3.44
    • Shots Against per 60 mins (SA/60): 33.04

Additional Team Metrics

  • New York Islanders:
    • Corsi For Percentage (CF%): 45.18
    • Fenwick For Percentage (FF%): 45.91
    • Goal Differential: -0.4
    • Shots Differential: -5.2
  • Montreal Canadiens:
    • Corsi For Percentage (CF%): 45.69
    • Fenwick For Percentage (FF%): 45.95
    • Goal Differential: -0.82
    • Shots Differential: -5.48

Goalie Matchup

  • New York Islanders (Semyon Varlamov): 0.915 SV%, 2.85 Expected Goals Against
  • Montreal Canadiens (Sam Montembeault): 0.902 SV%, 3.55 Expected Goals Against

NHL Betting Model Prediction

  • Win Probability:
    • New York Islanders: 48.87%
    • Montreal Canadiens: 51.13%
  • Projected Odds:
    • New York Islanders: 2.05 (decimal), +105 (American)
    • Montreal Canadiens: 1.96 (decimal), -105 (American)
  • Projected Total: 6.66 Goals

Recommended NHL Pick

The betting model suggests a calculated value of 1.41 on the Montreal Canadiens, making them the recommended pick for this game. The best NHL bet, as per our analysis, lies with Montreal at 2.32 (1.5 U), indicating a small but significant edge.

Conclusion

As we approach this NHL contest, the Montreal Canadiens, despite being the statistical underdog, show a slight edge in our prediction model. It’s crucial for bettors to shop for the best NHL betting odds and leverage any available bonuses and promotions during the Ice Hockey Betting Season.

For those aiming to bet like a pro, analytically with sports betting models, consider joining a free betting course to enhance your betting strategies.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.