Giants vs Mets Prediction

Our MLB betting model gives the San Francisco Giants a 49.35% probability of winning against the New York Mets, who have a 50.65% probability. With Kyle Harrison pitching, the Giants offer solid value at odds of 126. Bet smart, always compare odds, and use this analysis to inform your picks.


Game Information & Sportsbook Odds

Giants vs Mets Prediction: On Friday, May 24, 2024, the San Francisco Giants will face off against the New York Mets at Citi Field. This exciting matchup features the Giants’ left-handed pitcher, Kyle Harrison, against the Mets’ right-handed pitcher, Christian Scott. The latest sportsbook odds favor the Mets with decimal odds of 1.75 (-133 US odds), while the Giants are listed at 2.26 (126 US odds). Remember, odds can change, so always check various sportsbooks for the best MLB odds.

Starting Pitchers Overview

Kyle Harrison (San Francisco Giants)

Kyle Harrison, a left-handed pitcher, enters this game with a solid season, holding an ERA of 3.6. His advanced MLB stats are noteworthy:

  • SIERA: 4.17
  • xFIP: 4.38
  • K/9: 8.02
  • BB/9: 3.11
  • WHIP: 1.27
  • GB/FB: 0.93
  • xERA: 4.11

Harrison’s stats indicate a reliable pitcher with decent strikeout abilities and a respectable ground ball to fly ball ratio, which could be advantageous at Citi Field.

Christian Scott (New York Mets)

Christian Scott, a right-handed pitcher, has an ERA of 4.32 and some impressive advanced stats:

  • SIERA: 3.61
  • xFIP: 3.86
  • K/9: 9.18
  • BB/9: 2.16
  • WHIP: 1.32
  • GB/FB: 0.77
  • xERA: 3.14

Scott’s strikeout rate is higher than Harrison’s, and his control is better, as evidenced by his lower BB/9. His xERA suggests he might be slightly underperforming his potential.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bullpen Matchup Analysis

When comparing the bullpens, the San Francisco Giants hold the top rank, showcasing a robust relief corps that could play a pivotal role in the latter stages of the game. The New York Mets’ bullpen ranks sixth, indicating they also possess a strong, though slightly less dominant, bullpen.

Offensive (Hitting) Matchup

San Francisco Giants

  • Overall Rank: 6
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 4
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 8

The Giants have a formidable offense, particularly strong against left-handed pitchers, ranking fourth. Their versatility against both types of pitching makes them a consistent threat.

New York Mets

  • Overall Rank: 14
  • Rank vs Left-Handed Pitchers: 23
  • Rank vs Right-Handed Pitchers: 10

The Mets’ offense struggles more against left-handed pitchers, ranking 23rd, which could be a significant disadvantage against Harrison. However, they perform better against right-handers.

Giants vs Mets Prediction

MLB Betting Model Probability for Giants vs Mets Prediction

Our MLB betting model gives the San Francisco Giants a probability of 49.35% (MLB Model Projected US odds: 103, Decimal odds: 2.03), while the New York Mets have a slightly higher probability of 50.65% (MLB Model Projected US odds: -103, Decimal odds: 1.97).

Recommended MLB PICK Based on Our MLB Betting Model Analysis

Moneyline Value: San Francisco Giants (Kyle Harrison) at 126

Our analysis shows solid value in betting on the Giants, with an adjusted Kelly Criterion calculated value of 0.91, suggesting a confident pick.

Conclusion for Giants vs Mets Prediction

Using this Giants vs Mets Prediction, bettors can make informed decisions, but remember to always shop for the best MLB betting odds and take advantage of available bonuses and promotions. To enhance your betting strategy and learn to bet like a pro, consider checking out my sports betting courses and the MLB Betting Model available on my website.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.