Flyers vs Devils Prediction: Tuesday, December 19, 2023

The Flyers vs Devils prediction is a topic of considerable interest in the NHL community, as the Philadelphia Flyers, holding a respectable 17-10 record, prepare to face off against the New Jersey Devils, who are not far behind with a 16-12 standing. This Flyers vs Devils prediction is intriguing, given the proximity of their records and the potential for a fiercely contested game.

%ALT_TXT%%

Analyzing the Betting Odds

In the world of sports betting, the odds are telling. The Devils are the favorites with EU odds of 1.61 and American odds of -164, reflecting confidence in their performance. On the other hand, the Flyers, with odds of 2.46 (EU) and +146 (American), are positioned as underdogs. The total goals are set at 6.5, indicating an expectation of a reasonably high-scoring game, a common theme in many NHL matchups.

Offensive and Defensive Showdown

For an in-depth Flyers vs Devils prediction, it’s essential to look at both teams’ offensive and defensive stats. The Flyers’ offense averages 2.86 goals from 32.45 shots per 60 minutes, demonstrating their capability to create scoring opportunities. The Devils, however, boast a more potent offense with an average of 3.46 goals from 31.74 shots per 60 minutes.

Defensively, the Flyers have a slight edge, allowing 2.6 goals on 28.01 shots per 60 minutes, compared to the Devils’ 3.5 goals against on 28.93 shots. This suggests that while the Devils are offensively strong, their defense might be more susceptible.

Advanced Metrics Analysis

In the Flyers vs Devils prediction, advanced metrics like Corsi For percentage (CF%) and Fenwick For percentage (FF%) offer additional insights. The Flyers have a CF% of 49.82 and an FF% of 51.92, indicating a competitive level of puck control. The Devils excel in this area, with a CF% of 55.03 and FF% of 52.86, suggesting they are more effective in maintaining possession and generating shots.

Goalie Matchup

Goalkeeping is a crucial factor in any Flyers vs Devils prediction. The Flyers’ Carter Hart has a save percentage of 0.91 with an expected 2.87 goals against, while the Devils’ Vitek Vanecek holds a 0.904 save percentage and is anticipated to concede an average of 2.81 goals. Their performances could be decisive in the outcome of the game.

NHL Betting Model Predictions

flyers devils prediction

The NHL betting model gives the Devils a higher win probability of 58.64%, with projected odds of 1.71 (-142 American). Conversely, the Flyers are projected with a win probability of 41.36% and odds of 2.42 (+142 American). Despite this, the game does not qualify for a strong betting recommendation based on the calculated value of 0.12.

Recommended NHL Pick

Though the model doesn’t strongly recommend a pick, there appears to be no significant value in this game. Bettors are advised to check other sports picks for potential underdog opportunities.

Conclusion Flyers vs Devils Prediction

In summary, the Flyers vs Devils prediction suggests a potentially competitive game, with the Devils slightly favored but not offering substantial value for bettors. As always, it’s advisable to shop around for the best odds, make use of promotions during the NHL betting season, and consider a strategic approach to betting. For those interested in enhancing their betting strategies, exploring sports betting models and educational resources can offer valuable insights for more informed betting decisions.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.