Cardinals vs Athletics Prediction

In our MLB betting model for the Cardinals vs Athletics game on April 15, 2024, the Cardinals have a projected winning probability of 58.78% with decimal odds of 1.70, while the Athletics are at 41.22% with odds of 2.43. This highlights a competitive edge for the Cardinals.

Introduction

In the upcoming MLB game on Monday, April 15, 2024, the St. Louis Cardinals face off against the Oakland Athletics at the Oakland Coliseum. This Cardinals vs Athletics prediction hinges significantly on the pitching matchup between Sonny Gray of the Cardinals and Ross Stripling of the Athletics. With the Cardinals favored in the sportsbook odds, this analysis delves deep into pitcher performance, bullpen strength, and offensive matchups to offer a well-rounded betting perspective.

Game Overview: Cardinals vs Athletics

Date and Time: Monday, April 15, 2024

Location: Oakland Coliseum

Sportsbook Odds:

  • St. Louis Cardinals (Sonny Gray): 1.64 (Decimal), -156 (US)
  • Oakland Athletics (Ross Stripling): 2.47 (Decimal), +147 (US)

Starting Pitchers:

  • Sonny Gray (Cardinals): Left-Handed Pitcher, ERA: 2.71
  • Ross Stripling (Athletics): Right-Handed Pitcher, ERA: 5.08

Note: Always check for the latest MLB odds on different sportsbooks before placing bets.

Pitcher Analysis: Comparing Sonny Gray and Ross Stripling

Sonny Gray (Cardinals)

  • SIERA: 3.92
  • xFIP: 3.62
  • K/9: 8.95
  • BB/9: 2.62
  • WHIP: 1.14
  • GB/FB Ratio: 1.54

Ross Stripling (Athletics)

  • SIERA: 4.22
  • xFIP: 3.74
  • K/9: 6.82
  • BB/9: 1.60
  • WHIP: 1.37
  • GB/FB Ratio: 1.57

Team Comparisons: Bullpen and Offense

Bullpen Matchup:

  • St. Louis Cardinals Rank: 2
  • Oakland Athletics Rank: 16

Offensive (Hitting) Matchup:

  • Overall Rank:
  • Cardinals: 22
  • Athletics: 27
  • Rank vs. Left-Handed Pitchers:
  • Cardinals: 20
  • Athletics: 26
  • Rank vs. Right-Handed Pitchers:
  • Cardinals: 23
  • Athletics: 26
Cardinals vs Athletics Prediction

MLB Betting Model Analysis

Probability for Cardinals vs Athletics:

  • St. Louis Cardinals (Sonny Gray): 58.78%, Projected US Odds: -143, Decimal Odds: 1.70
  • Oakland Athletics (Ross Stripling): 41.22%, Projected US Odds: +143, Decimal Odds: 2.43

Recommended MLB PICK:

  • Pick: Oakland Athletics (Ross Stripling)
  • Odds: +147
  • Adjusted Kelly Criterion Value: 0.12
  • Confidence: Tiny value

Conclusion: Cardinals vs Athletics Prediction

Utilize the Cardinals vs Athletics prediction as a tool, but never follow any sports picks blindly. Always shop for the best MLB baseball betting odds and capitalize on bonuses and promotions during the ice baseball betting season. If you’re looking to advance your betting strategies, consider enrolling in sports betting courses that emphasize analytical, model-based approaches.


For further details on the final best MLB bets and first-half picks, check the “MLB Picks” page or access my MLB Betting Model in Google Sheets to create your own baseball betting projections.

Access my free content and join exclusive, private email circle for strategic advice, personal stories, and expert tips.

No spam. Betting value only.